“Focus on how to be social, not on how to do social.” – Jay Baer
In a day and age when more than half the world uses a smartphone, when nearly four billion people use the internet, and nearly three billion people are active social media users, social media marketing is imperative for the success of almost every individual and business.
In 2017, active social media users increased by 21%, up 482 million from 2015.
In a digitally saturated world, well-executed social strategies require precision.
An effective social media strategy begins with asking the right questions:
- Who is your target audience? Business to business (B2B) or direct to consumer?
- Who is your demographic? What do they look like? What do they do? What do they consume? Where are they?
- What type of content is going to resonate with your audience?
- Which channels are most important?
- What business outcomes are you driving? Do you want to inspire, educate, or motivate?
Developing a successful strategy requires innovative thinking, long-term planning, and targeted content. Without clarity, purpose, and definable outcomes, your social media strategy will fail.
“A social media strategy is a success when you are able to engage and interact with your target audience.” – John Rampton
Successful social media strategies ensure that a brand’s content aligns with their values, share content consistently, cater content to each different social media network’s needs, create original and authentic content of value, listen to and engage with their audience honestly, and monitor and measure content effectiveness.
At Soul Media, we know that strategy is crucial so we work with our clients to develop, monitor, and maintain strategies that work. Our approach involves:
- Starting with the end goal in mind: We determine who you are trying to connect with and what outcome you’re hoping to drive.
- Figuring out which core channels you need to focus on to achieve your goals: There isn’t a one size fits all approach, the social media platforms we target depends on your demographic.
- Understanding your target audience: What content, messaging, imagery, and multimedia elements are going to have the greatest impact? There’s a lot of noise out there, we help you cut through it.
- Harnessing the right tools and technology to maximize efficiency and scale social media efforts.
- Tracking and measuring progress analytics: What’s working? What needs improvement? How engaged is your audience is? What’s your conversion rate?
At Soul Media, we’ve worked with billion dollar brands to create and execute their social media strategies in order to connect with target audiences, inspire brand loyalty and grow revenue.